[TYPO3-mvc] Speed improvement extbase with DB

Nikolas Hagelstein lists at shr.cc
Mon Jan 24 14:43:07 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 21.01.2011 13:48, schrieb Georg Ringer:
>> AFAIK only Mysql (the MS Explorer of the DB world) does the necessary casting on its own. As Extbase
>> has already (implicit) knowledge about the DB types I would use that information and not rely on
>> heuristics.
>
> True too but I just don't have the knowledge of getting the correct type.
Georg, you could use
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_Typo3DbBackend::tableInformationCache to
determine the column DB type (it uses t3lib_db::admin_get_fields).

If it's emtpy at the time you need it just populate it :). (see
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_Typo3DbBackend::addPageIdStatement)

Would by cool if you could provide some before/after profiling.

Cheers,
NIkolas