[TYPO3-mvc] URGENT CHANGE REQUEST: Dependency Injection Problems with ExtBase 1.3.0RC1

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Jan 24 11:20:56 CET 2011

Hey Michael,

> thanks for answering on this... it would be really great, if you could
> help us out on that issue. We have a patch, that lets you add an
> annotation on the injection method preventing DI from injecting classes.
Hm, I don't really like this idea, as one would need to touch all
classes then... Better would be to switch off DI for whole extensions;
but this seems difficult, too: If one subclasses from ActionController,
then *some* injections should be done (which are required by the
framework), and others should not be done (from your extension). That's
why I am not yet sure if we can implement a global switch.

More comments from other developers, maybe?

> 1) We DI to use custom factories to create the injected objects.
that's not supported yet, right.

> 2) We need a mechanism that lets you configure the concrete instances of
> given interfaces via TypoScript or something so that you can choose
> which concrete implementation to use.
That's possible in config.tx_extbase.objects.* :-)

Greets,
Sebastian