[TYPO3-mvc] Using addToInsertRecords (insert record content element) with Extbase

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:03:51 CET 2011

Hello!

I'm trying to implement the function to render separate models/records
using the 'insert records' content element. The records should then be
rendered by the/an action controller of Extbase.

The following was added by me:

ext_tables.php:
t3lib_extMgm::addToInsertRecords('tx_hypedirectory_domain_model_contact');

TS setup:
tx_hypedirectory_domain_model_contact >
tx_hypedirectory_domain_model_contact =< plugin.tx_hypedirectory

tt_content.shortcut.20.0.conf.tx_hypedirectory_domain_model_contact =<
tt_content.list.20.hypedirectory_contact

The output in the frontend is:
"Kontakt nicht gefunden." (Contact not found.)

So it is actually working, but I'm wondering why the contact is
not found. Do I have to provide the storagePid somewhere additionally,
or are Extbase controllers _not_ compatible with inserting records?

Or is there maybe a dedicated function in Extbase to use for?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas