[TYPO3-mvc] Repository doesn't work if called from different controller

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 21 14:07:13 CET 2011

Hi,

>> $this->>objectManager->get('ClassName') instead in future, because only
>
> And the book was called future-proof extensions...

Future proof in terms of a) a up2date development paradigm (MVC,
DDD,...), b) using concepts used by FLOW3 and other frameworks you will
need in future, c) better portable to future versions of Typo3.
You can't blame the book that it's based on a certain version of
Extbase/Fluid and not describing features that where not even developed
to that time.
Software is always evolving, so things are subject to change/improve.
And as I mentioned, using t3lib_div::makeInstance is not wrong, but it's
recommended to use the objectManager instead as of the upcoming version
1.3.0 which is already part of Typo3 4.5.0beta that you used.