[TYPO3-mvc] RFC#9174: Format.date is not capaple of locales due to missing feature in PHP

Andreas Lappe nd at off-pist.de
Fri Jan 21 13:29:45 CET 2011

On 21.01.11, Kevin Ulrich Moschallski wrote:
> On 2010-09-20 15:45:39 +0200, Michael Knabe said:
> >anyways I don't know how many extensions this would break. Maybe
> >it's an option to use another name (like DateTimeViewHelper) or a
> >parameter that switches the formatting method.
> attached a v2 of the patch with the new format in all examples in
> the comments based on trunk. Also i changed $date->format('U') to
> $date->getTimestamp(). Don't know which one is better. I wrote this
> patch on my own before i found this issue.
> Regards,
> Kevin

Hey Kevin,

format() works with php5.2 [0] whereas getTimestamp() only works with
php5.3 [1]. This might be a reason to use format() ;/

So long
Andy

[0]: http://de.php.net/manual/en/datetime.format.php
[1]: http://de.php.net/manual/en/datetime.gettimestamp.php
--
``A man is just a crackpot until he hits the jackpot´´