[TYPO3-mvc] Using Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser as property

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Tue Jan 18 20:51:17 CET 2011

Hi there,

I tried to use the extbase frontend user model as a property on a domain
object. What I did therefore was creating an domain object which is
called "Tx_Rbac_Domain_Model_User" and gave it the following TCA
(fe-user field only):

     'fe_user' => array(
         'exclude' => 0,
         'label'   => fe_user',
             'config'  => array(
             'type' => 'select',
             'foreign_table' => 'fe_users',
             'foreign_class' => 'Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser',
             'minitems' => 0,
             'maxitems' => 1,
             'appearance' => array(
                 'collapse' => 0,
                 'newRecordLinkPosition' => 'bottom',
             ),
         )
     ),

the corresponding ext_tables.sql entry looks like that:

CREATE TABLE tx_rbac_domain_model_user (
	fe_user int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
);

and finally, here's the code inside Tx_Rbac_Domain_Model_User class:

class Tx_Rbac_Domain_Model_User extends
Tx_Extbase_DomainObject_AbstractEntity {

	/**
	 * Holds a frontend user instance
	 *
	 * @var Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser
	 */
	protected $feUser;

	/**
	 * @return Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser
	 */
	public function getFeUser() {
		return $this->feUser;
	}

	/**
	 * @param Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser $feUser
	 */
	public function setFeUser(Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser $feUser) {
		$this->feUser = $feUser;
	}

	// ...
}

Somehow my feUser object is not loaded when the rest of the user object
is loaded. What am I doing wrong here.

P.S. For some reason, I do not want to extend feUser object for this, so
please do not tell me to do so :-)

Thanks for your help!

Greetings

Mimi