[TYPO3-mvc] Strange behaviour when update($object) - not all attributes was written to the database.

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 14 00:38:31 CET 2011

Hey,

> When a $foo was found, I set the $bar and the attibute. The last
> var_dump after persisting shows me that the uid of bar has changed. But
> in the database only the one attribute was written. $bar has the same id
> as before.
>
> I think I checked everything, TCA, the setter in model, ...
>
> Why only one of two changes was written to the database.

this is a known bug. The check for changed properties currently fails if
the changed object itself wasn't modified. So replacing a "clean" object
with another "clean" object is failing. But there's a patch available
with the request to test it in order to get it in extbase 1.3.0 which
will be shipped with Typo3 4.5. Please have a look at the topic "RFT
(Request for tests): 1:n mapping is never updated" from 3 days ago by
Bastian Waidelich.