[TYPO3-mvc] updateAction throw an exception

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 12 12:49:55 CET 2011

Hey,

> I ran into a new problem with extbase and can't find a solution to solve
> this.
>
> I have an object and an edit view for this object. When I send the
> filled form I see this exception:
>
> #1249479819: The "modified object" is does not have an existing
> counterpart in this repository.

this is due to a missing uid in the passed object - but you already
figured that.

> In my view I have a form like this:
>
> --- begin edit.html ---
> <f:form method="post" action="update" name="user" object="{user}">
> </form>
> --- end edit.html ---
>
> When I sending the form the firebug shows me, that
>
> --- begin ---
> tx_foobar_pi1[__hmac]          ...
> tx_foobar_pi1[user][__i...     14
> --- end ---

So the __identity value (uid) of the user is submitted, right?

> The update function looks like this:
> Before calling update($user) I var_dump the $user-getUid(), but this is
> NULL.
>
> What do I wrong?

from what you wrote everything seems to be correct. Have you checked if
all other properties are correctly mapped to the incoming user object?
Maybe you have a typo in one of the property names and thus extbase is
not able to process the object correctly.
Another possibility could be that extbase is not able to find the object
in the defined storagePid - could that be the reason?