[TYPO3-mvc] Alternative to hooks

Tymoteusz Motylewski t.motylewski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 22:37:16 CET 2011

Hi

> From what I read about the C++ boost/signal library each connected slot
> received the original parameters. The additional bonus for the current TYPO3
> implementation of hooks which allows multiple hook subscribers is that the
> parameters are passed from each hook subscriber to the next. This way all
> subscribers can do their own processing.

Is this true with signals slots implementation in FLOW3? (Is every
slot getting original parameters?)

Implementing signals/slots in Extbase will provide common interface
which can be used instead of hooks and what is more important will be
compatible with TYPO3 5.
So transferring extensions to the new version of TYPO3 will be easier.

Is signals/slots implementation planned for Extbase? It would be grate :)

Regards
Tymoteusz