[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid ViewHelper Incubator

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sat Jan 8 15:50:39 CET 2011

Simon Schaufelberger wrote:

Hi,

>> The same here: Just create an object that matches your domain and assign
>> *that* to your view. [...]

> you didn't get the point

I think, I did ;)

> there is NO model

And IMO *thats* the point. A model doesn't have to have a corresponding
database table nor it has to be persisted at all. It's just a
representation of your data. Even if your data is composed via
TypoScript, you could still create a model from it "on the fly".
In the easiest case, this could just be an array like

array(
   'items' => array(
     array(
       'title' => 'Foo',
       'time' => 103
     ),
     array(
       'title' => 'Bar',
       'time' => 201
     )
   'aggregate' => array(
     'timeMin' => 103
     'timeMax' => 201
     'timeAverage' => 152
     'timeSum' => 304
   )
)

>> don't you think?

> i think since this is a very specific requirement, i will just use your
> package ;)

Sure, that's an option too. But that's not my package really. It's just
a collection of view helpers that are not (yet) part of the Fluid core.
Everyone should feel free to add their own helpful view helpers there!

Best,
Bastian