[TYPO3-mvc] Action with HTML and PDF

Wed Jan 5 12:18:31 CET 2011

Hello guys,

I have a new question and can't find a answer in the web and on this
list.

I try to deliver a PDF. In the HTML-Template-File of the showAction I
generate two links.

<f:link.action action="card">Scoring Card</f:link.action>
<f:link.action action="card" format="pdf">Card (PDF)</f:link.action>

Later I will generate the PDF dynamic with fpdf or another extension.
Now I will deliver a static Dokument and change the behaviour later.

In the Template directory of the Controller I have two files for these
Action. card.html and card.pdf.

In the TS I write:

pdf = PAGE
pdf {
  typeNum = 203
  10 < tt_content.list.20.myext_pi1

  config {
    disableAllHeaderCode = 1
    additionalHeaders = Content-type:application/pdf
    xhtml_cleaning = 0
    admPanel = 0

This I found in the book from Jochen and Sebastian.

If I click the PDF Link, then parameter

tx_myext_pi1[format]=pdf

was added to the URL, but it has no effect. The content of the PDF-File
was shown in the same template like the HTML. If I add type=203 to the
URL manually, the browser pop up the file-dialog with index.php as the
filename. After saving, I can't open the file with PDF-Reader. The
header of the PDF looks the same, but the downloaded file is bigger than
the original in the Template-Folder.

Later I will add XLS ans XML too.

Has anybody an idea where my fault is?

Thanks a lot.