[TYPO3-mvc] Problem with understanding f:select

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Fri Dec 23 12:44:40 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 23.12.2011 08:14, schrieb Manfred Rutschmann:
> Problem solved, shame on me, my cheat sheet is outdated... f:select has no
> attribute name, its the attribute property..

f:select accepts *both* arguments, "name" and "property"!
However these result in different behaviour.

If you load/edit/create Domain-Objects in the f:form you might want to
use 'property'.

If you want a "plain" variable you probably want to use 'name'.

[...]

Greets and hth,
Peter

P.S.: *All* FormFieldViewHelper accept 'name' and 'property'!
P.S.II: ViewHelper render() methods have good documentation that's worth
reading. ;)
--
Peter Niederlag