[TYPO3-mvc] Skip rendering of the view

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Thu Dec 22 09:51:43 CET 2011

Hi list,

I am wondering if it is possible to skip the rendering of the view for some
actions.

Context:
I did an implementation of the vcard class from troywolf.com.
Since it is static stuff, I used the controller to fill the data.
Downloading the vcf works fine, and it seems to work fine at first sight.
Opening the vcf in a texteditor I see not only the rendered vcf text, but
the whole html of the page underneath it, with the note that no template
could be found. (Which I don't need in this case).

I am aware putting this in my controller might not have been the best
solution, but writing the syntax of a vcf card wasn't that either ;-)

I tried using the format="vcf" option and create an empty Vcard.vcf
template. To no avail.

Any suggestions on how to approach this nicely? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Henjo

Problems are small because we learned how to deal with them.
Problems are big because we need to learn how to deal with them.