[TYPO3-mvc] Signal/Slot pattern

Tobias Pinnekamp typo3 at tpinne.de
Wed Dec 21 17:50:27 CET 2011

Hi all,

just want to try out the signal/slot pattern in Extbase. But I have a
problem connecting a signal to a slot in ext_localconf.php. I followed
the information provided at
http://blog.foertel.com/2011/10/using-signalslots-in-extbase/ but I get
an exception that the 'extbase_object' cache doesn't exist.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 't3lib_cache_exception_NoSuchCache' with
message 'A cache with identifier "extbase_object" does not exist.'

My code:

$signalSlotDispatcher =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Object_ObjectManager')->get('Tx_Extbase_SignalSlot_Dispatcher');
$signalSlotDispatcher->connect('SlotClass', 'slot', 'SignalClass',
'method', FALSE);

Am I missing something or is there another way to connect to a slot from
another extension except than in ext_localconf.php if the extension is
not used invoked during page rendering?

Best regards
Tobias