[TYPO3-mvc] extbase 1.3 Caching configuration

Frank Gerards F.Gerards at esolut.de
Wed Dec 7 15:55:35 CET 2011

Hi,

I try to set the caching-backend for the tables "tx_extbase_cache_object" and "tx_extbase_cache_reflection" to the memached backend.

First thing I noticed was, that you cannot set these configuration to memcached in localconf.php , because this is overridden in the ext_localconf.php of the sysext extbase. I then put it into a new own extension and memcached showed as backend in the TYPO3_CONF_VARS array correctly.
Thus being happy, I cleared all caches and called a front page only to notice that despite my settings extbase continued to write cache data into the DB tables mentioned.

Now, why is this so ? Is this still a bug in extbase 1.3 (we have TYPO3 4.5.8).

Thx 4 info,

frank