[TYPO3-mvc] good practise: get deleted child objects

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Wed Dec 7 10:08:45 CET 2011

Hello oe,

Am 06.12.2011 16:58, schrieb christian oettinger:
[...]
> The tool is up for a while already. When we built it, we did a research
> and read that in extbase childs are just marked as deleted if a field
> "deleted" is present in the Model/DB. Only otherwise they will be really
> deleted.

That is the TYPO3 standard behaviour which is also obyed by extbase.

In general in TYPO3 these records (deleted=1) would not show up anymore.
extbase offers an option to circumvent this and make deleted records
show up again. However there a at least chances that there are bugs in
the code that don't make this happen as expected when using complex
models. It would be really nice if you could debug the generated sql to
see if there is a problem that could be fixed in the future.

If you delete a page, you won't get it to show in FE anymore either IIRC.

Support for managing deleted records(restore/list) in TYPO3 just has
been added rather recently.

Greets,
Peter
--