[TYPO3-mvc] Missing documentation/examples for Extbase 1.4 features

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Dec 7 07:16:17 CET 2011

Hi,

> On 6-12-2011 22:15, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> For sysext in general there has been the idea around the core team to do
>> that. But plenty of those sysext's have no activity or enhancements
>> during certain releases (or since ages), so it makes no sense to just
>> "increase" its version number while nothing changed. Having the versions
>> independent from the TYPO3 version allow the integrators to see where
>> there have been changes at all (and where "major" and where only
>> "minor").
>
> This implies that someone actually checks for all sysexts if there are
> changes in a version and increases the version if that is the case?

Actually:

- In TYPO3 4.6.0, all system extensions got their minor version number
increased by 1, being at least 1.0.0, with the help of this script:

------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

V45=TYPO3_4-5
V46=TYPO3_master

for s in $(find $V45/typo3/sysext/ -type d -depth 1)
do
        SYSEXT=$(echo $s | awk -F/ '{ print $5 }')
        VERSION_45=$(grep "'version'"
$V45/typo3/sysext/$SYSEXT/ext_emconf.php | cut -b14- | cut -d, -f1)
        VERSION_46=$(grep "'version'"
$V46/typo3/sysext/$SYSEXT/ext_emconf.php | cut -b14- | cut -d, -f1)
        if [ "$VERSION_45" == "$VERSION_46" ]; then
                echo $SYSEXT
        fi
        STABLE_46=$(grep "'state'"
$V46/typo3/sysext/$SYSEXT/ext_emconf.php | cut -b13- | cut -d, -f1)
        if [ "$STABLE_46" != "'stable'" ]; then
                echo "INVALID state: $SYSEXT"
        fi
done
------------------------------

- I was sure I had it but cannot find it currently, but basically I try
to update the patch version number when releasing a new version of 4.6
if changes were made to a system extension. Crazy! I would have bet I
used it for 4.6.1. Basically you compare last git activity with the last
release date...

> It makes sense for all sysexts. They were tested with that particular
> release and so the em_conf should reflect that they are suitable for one
> or more versions. Keeping the sysext version in sync with the TYPO3
> version makes it all a lot simpler. When preparing a new version (a
> "major" version) (after the release party of the previous version) all
> sysexts can be set to be compatible with 4.x.0-4.x.99 and the version
> can be synced with that new version.

This has been done for the lower limit (4.6.0) but is usually not done
for the upper limit until the release branch has been created otherwise
the system extension won't be compatible with the master branch anymore :)

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6