[TYPO3-mvc] Missing documentation/examples for Extbase 1.4 features

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Dec 6 22:15:28 CET 2011

Steffen Müller schrieb am 06.12.2011 11:03:
> Hi.
>
> On 06.12.2011 06:24 Georg Ringer wrote:
>> IMO we should get rid of those version numbers of sysexts as they can be
>> identified by the TYPO3 version. There won't be any other version then
>> 1.4. in 4.6.0, so just talk about changes of extbase in TYPO3 4.6
>>

> +1
> just use core version number also in sysexts.
> extbase 1.3 => extbase 4.5

+1 for doing that in Extbase in future. But renaming the existing
branches / versions in Forge / etc is probably more work than we want to
have?

For sysext in general there has been the idea around the core team to do
that. But plenty of those sysext's have no activity or enhancements
during certain releases (or since ages), so it makes no sense to just
"increase" its version number while nothing changed. Having the versions
independent from the TYPO3 version allow the integrators to see where
there have been changes at all (and where "major" and where only "minor").

So to "sync sysext version with TYPO3 version" only makes sense to the
few sysexts which are really actively being enhanced by some team (e.g.
Extbase, Linkvalidator, Workspaces, ...) during more than one release.

Cheers,
Ernesto