[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase & correct language handling

Felix Nagel lists at felixnagel.com
Thu Dec 1 16:29:46 CET 2011

Thanks for opening this thread Georg, these problems are driving me
crazy (as you already noticed via news bugtracker ;-)

When developing extensions the good old way with pi_base you will run
into the same kind of problems. Perhaps its helpful to read my blogpost
(German language) or at least take a look at the code snippets (English
commented):
http://www.felixnagel.com/blog/artikel/2010/06/24/mehrsprachige-typo3-extensions-getrecordoverlay-richtig-einsetzen/

 > 3) Do you got any other issues?
Another issue would be if the the default language record is hidden but
the localized is visible.

Im not quite sure about this one but it seems getRecordOverlay (function
doLanguageAndWorkspaceOverlay) is used wrong.
In my opinion the parameter $languageUid and $overlayMode should be
defined by TSFE->sys_language_content (not sys_language_uid) and
TSFE->sys_language_contentOL (currently using sys_language_mode and some
hardcoded clauses).

Im looking forward to get this fixed and make extbase usable for
multilanguage websites. Thanks!

--
Regards
Felix Nagel