[TYPO3-mvc] checkbox problem

Christian Kartnig office at hahnepeter.de
Thu Aug 11 09:37:09 CEST 2011

Hi List!

I have a problem with the checkbox viewhelper. I have a checkbox with
some boolean value:

<f:form.checkbox class="checkbox" property="emailVisible" value="1" />

When the object validates o.k., everything is alright. But as soon as
some other field fails to validate correctly (e.g. some required field
is missing), I get an error message for the checkbox, too:

 >>Checkbox viewhelpers can only be bound to properties of type boolean
or array. Property "emailVisible" is of type "string". <<

It seems that the type information somehow gets lost. I also tried
filling in different values (e.g. value="true"), but it doesn't work
out. The problem also exists in Franz Kochs modified CheckboxViewhelper,
that he posted here on this list.

Can someone help me?

best regards,
Christian