[TYPO3-mvc] Understanding Problem: using data of core tables and relations

Sören Kracker s.kracker at kopfstand-mail.de
Wed Aug 10 10:01:03 CEST 2011

Hi,
just started developing with extbase and fluid.
I have following setup (created with extension_builder):
Model_Catalog (fields: filename, category, catalogtype)
Model_Category (name, parent)
Model_CatalogType (name)
all 3 got a repository

has to be integrated:
Model_CatalogLanguageType (name)
this one got no repository (yet?)

Everything works fine in saving catalogs with a specific category and a
catalog type (as Backend Module).
Now I have to add a language selection for the catalog too. There are 2
different languages for one catalog and the selection (in new/edit form
of catalog) should contain the values from sys_language table.
The submitted data has to be saved into CatalogLanguageType. The table
consists of the catalogid, the language uid and the title of the catalog
in the corresponding language.

So my question is: How do i realize that? I've tried some things but
couldn't get a result. Should I create a repository and model for
mapping the sys_language table? And if I do, how do I connect my
CatalogLanguageType? Or is my setup totally wrong? Any hints are greatly
appreciated, especially regarding realization in TCA and
Controller/Repository.