[TYPO3-mvc] How to set the sort order for child objects (m-m relation)

g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch
Thu Aug 4 17:33:23 CEST 2011

On 08/04/2011 04:30 PM, Werner Stotter wrote:
> hi,
>
> have you tried setting the 'sorting' in the TCA of ext_tables.php?
>
> in my case this helped
>
> greetings
> werner

Hi Werner

Sadly this did not solve my problem.

The issue is that the ordering property belongs to the next but one
table. In SQL this would be a SORTY BY a row of a secondary joined table:

SELECT
     h.name AS hospital_name
     ,d.name  AS disease_name
     ,t.number AS disease_number
FROM
     hospital h
JOIN
     treatment t
ON
     h.treatment=t.uid
JOIN
     disease d
ON
     t.disease=d.uid
ORDER BY
     d.name
;

A 'foreign_table_where' => 'ORDER BY disease.name' statement in the
treatment table's TCA makes no sense because there is a 1:1 relation
between desease and treatment. In the hospital table's TCA i don't know
how to set the ordering by a property that belongs to the next but one
table...

  I think i have to set a SQL statement by my own, but at which place do
i define this $query?

Thank you,
Till