[TYPO3-mvc] Magic method Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser::findByUsergroup does not work?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Apr 27 20:04:44 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 27.04.2011 16:19 François Suter wrote:
> I worked around this by extending the FE user repository and adding my
> own method which uses contains() and works fine. However I was wondering
> if the findByUsergroup() method should not be declared explicitly in
> Tx_Extbase_Domain_Repository_FrontendUserRepository and use contains().

The whole FE user/group implementation in Extbase looks very very basic
to me. Afaik this was only added to "somehow" have this feature in the
4.3 release. IMHO It should be reimplemented with a proper model. But
this is not trivial with regard to backward compatibility to hardcoded
core feuser model and feauth.

--
cheers,
Steffen