[TYPO3-mvc] Validation of domain-models in BE (TCA-Configuration, eval)

Cornelius Illi cornelius.illi at hintertuer.net
Sat Apr 23 15:57:44 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

unfortunately the persistance of domain-objects is still handled in two
completely different ways, whether you use your own extbase-controllers or
the TYPO3-BE.
In terms of validation thats quite a pain in the ass, as you have to write
two kinds of validators. Anyone knows, if that will be changed in the
following releases?

The biggest problem, that I am facing now is that I need to validate a whole
object (i.e i have a person-object und need to validate the uniqueness of
the combination "title+firstname+lastname"). I already wrote
a domain-model-validator, but found nothing on how to add this one to the
TCA-Configuration.
Is that possible at all?

Thanks for your help! Happy Easter & Kind regards,

Cornelius