[TYPO3-mvc] Partial template from other extensions

arno dudek webmaster at adgrafik.at
Fri Apr 22 11:40:43 CEST 2011

Hi!

I plan for my extension ad_google_maps a template system like in other
extensions. There should be a select box where the user can select
diffrent templates like "Google Maps", "Simple Search" and "List View"
in different order. These templates - so my idea - should be partial
templates.

In the controller the template variables will be set by each
template-class. In the main template it looks like this:

<f:for each="{templates}" as="template">
	<f:render partial="{template.partial}" arguments="{template: template}" />
</f:for>

So far every thing works fine. The problmen now is, I want it to be
extendable. There are allready different plugins for this extension like
a lego-based-system. But how can I define a partial template which is
located in an other extension? The main template have a fixed path which
can't overridden.

Is there a posibility to parse partials of an other extension or must I
load and parse a "normal" template from the other extension?

lg arno