[TYPO3-mvc] 404 redirect if requested object doesn't exist? show action

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Apr 20 14:25:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

> [FE][pageNotFoundOnCHashError] = 1
> solved my special problem. if i had an old link with chash bookmarked
> then i got the
> Uncaught TYPO3 Exception
> #1251730702: The value must be of type "Tx_Myext_Domain_Model_Articles",
> but was of type "NULL".
> now it's redirecting.
> isn't there any way to do try catch?

I stumbled on this issue too and I have the same question.

Setting [FE][pageNotFoundOnCHashError] = 1 works fine and is a possible
solution, but I would like to redirect my users to some other view (e.g.
a list view) instead of sending them to the generic 404 page.

So is there any place within the Controller where the above exception
can be caught and acted upon?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter