[TYPO3-mvc] How to load a list of value objects?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Apr 18 11:51:28 CEST 2011

Hey,

> As far as I can tell, this is quite an important concept, so an answer
> would be nice :-)

sorry, I can't tell. But in my eyes it's better to have a repository
also for valueObjects when needed instead of messing around with the QOM
somewhere else in the code unless you don't move it to a dedicated service.

I know that there's a statement that any model having a repository has
to be a aggregate root, but I can't second this. This might be the case
in theory, but there are so many cases where you have to fill select
boxes for forms/filters etc. where it's quite handy to have a repository
for those models. And as long as there is no other resources friendly
way to directly fetch all available valueObjects from the aggregate
roots (looping over thousands of aggregate roots and collecting the
valueObjects is not really an option on larger projects) I'll create my
repository, no matter what others say.