[TYPO3-mvc] Issues with DateTime objects and PHP 5.2.14 - always return present day

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Apr 11 13:16:28 CEST 2011

Hey Christian,

thanks for your reply.

>> I need some help before going totally nuts.
> Take a deep breath first or do something else! :)

I slept 3 hours now and it got a bit better ;)

>> For what reason ever all DateTime objects have the date of the present
>> day and not the value stored in DB and I have no clue why.
> This usually happens when the DateTime constructor is called without a
> property (same behavior like date() with the second parameter).

I know, but the values are there.

> Have you tried fetching the value of database as integer? Maybe your
> mapping of property name to column name is not correct. It should return
> the timestamp (obviously).

Of course, and it's working flawlessly on my dev-system. That's why I
wonder. I now managed to get at least the DateTime objects from the DB
The server seems to have some issues with the objectManager which is
used to instantiate DateTime objects in the propertyMapper. But still
all manual DateTime creations with a "strtotime" compatible value in the
DateTime constructor fail :(

> After all I did not experience that behaviour on Extbase 1.2 (non-trunk).
>
>> I try to get a update to PHP 5.3.x by the admins, but that might not
>> be possible.
>
> This should not have to do anything with the PHP branch.

can't get an update as expected - so I have to dig a bit deeper. How
great that I don't have a SSH or even a FTP access to the server - using
Quixsplorer for debugging is a pain in the ... you know.