[TYPO3-mvc] prefilter for e.G. category=2 in a search/list view upon page load

Thomas Meixner tom.meixner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:19:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a searchform and a resulting listview (like in sjroffers) and I want
to prefilter for a particular category upon page load. I don't want to just
preselect a value in the form as in <f:form:select value=2  .../> in the
template but actually load the results for category=2.
I don't seem to find a solution. Since there is no setUid() function in the
Model and I also cannot override it, I seem to be locked out in whatever I
try in the Repository or Controller. Is there any solution apart from a
reload of the page with js with the initial category preselected?

Thx,
Thomas