[TYPO3-mvc] resolve single table inheritance objects

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Apr 1 01:16:18 CEST 2011

Hey Thomas,

> It should work, I'm using it as well since TYPO3 4.4 at least.

I had a talk to Felix on the Extbase IRC channel and now know what he
means. He is referring to a issue I had a few weeks ago where I wanted
to use STI but using a abstract domain model as basis. I can't remember
the exact configuration I tried to use, but it didn't work because
Extbase tried to instantiate my abstract class BEFORE it tried to
resolve the correct STI class and threw a exception of course.

I ended up having a regular model with the namespace of the table and
repository, which also had some benefits in the end I think.

But it's of course a good point if the check for a existing and probably
never instantiated class should be done BEFORE resolving STI for it. I
think the order could be changed.