[TYPO3-mvc] Link viewhelper and 'back pid'

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Thu Sep 30 11:03:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:43:10 +0200, Henjo Hoeksma <me at henjohoeksma.nl>
wrote:
> is it an idea to extend the link view helper with an optional
> 'returnPageUid' parameter?
> What are your 2 cnts ?

Hi.

Having this in an official view helper would induce people to a bad
programming style IMHO.
Actually such information should be stored in a Session (or you use
javascript:history.back();).

Don't get me wrong: There is nothing wrong if you'd like to use the url
for that - that's ok - and fluid (and extbase) should actually support
that. Using a backPid in the url is actually a very simple way to achieve
your goal. But I don't think fluid should propagate such style of
programming. Additionally I don't see why a fluid ViewHelper should
support yet another parameter just to achieve something you could as well
do by adding a value in the parameters array.

Christian.