[TYPO3-mvc] Link viewhelper and 'back pid'

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Sep 30 10:21:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

> is it an idea to extend the link view helper with an optional
> 'returnPageUid' parameter?
> In some case's I would like to bring people back to an overview, or to
> the page they are coming from. Currently I work around this using some
> extra arguments, but it would make sense (to me at least ;-) ) to put it
> in the ViewHelper (and extend the UriBuilder).
>
> What are your 2 cnts ?

I'd like to have an easy way to "Cancel" an edit form, that is going
back to previous view as well. Submitting form and using the action to
see that form was canceled instead of submitted is not very practicable
and relying on JavaScript (with a "back URL" prepared by the caller and
provided to the view) is not very reliable.

Xavier