[TYPO3-mvc] Question about retrieving pages.pid as property

Christine Gerpheide cgerpheide at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:38:53 CEST 2010

Greetings list,

I have a question about using the pages table in my extension, and mapping
the property "pid" into the Page model.  In most models, I can just add the
property "pid" and extbase will map it, but it appears to me that for pages,
I needed to explicitly map the column in setup.txt, even though the field
names are the same:

classes {
Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Page {
mapping {
 tableName = pages
columns {
pid.mapOnProperty = pid

Without the line "pid.mapOnProperty = pid", the pid property of my Page
model is not filled in... why is that?  Additionally, we had an older
extension with 4.3 where we weren't mapping this column, and I at least
thought it was being filled in (though I could be mistaken).  This extension
is with 4.4.

Thanks,
Christine

--