[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase Caching issues (RFC)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Sep 17 12:44:32 CEST 2010

Hey Bastian,

>> Shouldn't there be a check if the dispatcher already IS running in a
>> nonCached setup and skip the checks then?
>
> With the latest version I added following check:
>
> if ($this->cObj->getUserObjectType() === tslib_cObj::OBJECTTYPE_USER) {
> $this->cObj->convertToUserIntObject();
> return;
> }

perfekt - thanks. Now you have my full +1 on reading.

> Do you think it's required to check whether the cache is disabled for
> the current page? and do you have the respective snippet at hand?

no, that's not what I meant - the above snippet is what I was referring
to. Not sure if we have to take care of that and how to check that in
the best way. I mean, how can we safely detect that? Simply checking for
'no_cache' is not sufficient, as the parameter itself could be disabled
in installTool etc. and I'm not that deep into the inner workings of the
core that I could easily come up with a good solution for this. Also the
use of 'no_cache' is discouraged, so why support it?

And what would be the benefit of it? More correct cHash handling on
generated links for those rare edge cases? Not sure if this would be
worth the effort - I fear not.