[TYPO3-mvc] Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting!

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Sep 16 14:10:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just hit a limitation of Fluid when having a big of a logic inside it:

Inside a Partial incorporating by a <f:if><f:then> in main template.

<f:for ...>
	<f:cycle ...>
		<f:if ...>
			<f:form ...>
				<f:if ...>
					<f:then>
						<f:if ...>
			---> hardcoded content is OK
			---> accessing object properties NOK
			---> adding a <f:then> fails too

To temporarily fix it, edit php.ini (make it greater than default 64):

; max_input_nesting_level = 64

when using xdebug, limit is set to 100, change it with:

xdebug.max_nesting_level = 200

However that's not the end solution. I'll manage to make my view
"dumber" but I guess I just hit a problem with all those pretty OO code
separation.

And this makes aware of the fact that developing with XDebug active
might lead to problems where default PHP settings are stricter.

Xavier