[TYPO3-mvc] Sharing domain model across extensions

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Sep 15 19:01:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

Before investigating further, I discovered this:

- You have extension ext_one with domain model W and X:

W  1--n  X

- You have extension ext_two with domain model Y and want to reuse X and
W as linked entities from W and X, let's say:

Y  1--n  W  1--n  X

It seems that first "remote" level is retrieved properly (W) but X not.
A few days ago I tried to create a subclass from W in ext_two and then X
was retrieved successfully and automatically.

Question:

- Did you already to do something similar?
- Did you encounter the same behavior, if not, what may I have missed?
- If this is "normal", what is the concept behind that?

Cheers
Xavier