[TYPO3-mvc] Mapping of external database tables in an extension, Datatype bug?

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Tue Sep 14 10:53:23 CEST 2010

Hi.

> I used annotations like this:
>
>  /**
> * @var tinytext Shows the header of the content element
> */
> protected $header;
>
> This leads to the error message InvalidArgumentException Invalid type
> encountered: 'tinytext Shows the header of the content element'.

That's because "tinytext" is no type known to PHP (only SQL). Use "string"
instead. Maybe you also need to move the description one line up - I'm not
sure on that.

As far as I experienced mapping of different tables works as long as you
don't try to use the scheduler or any other technique that does not
initialize extbase correctly. I tried this once with the tt_address table.

Christian.