[TYPO3-mvc] Mapping of external database tables in an extension, Datatype bug?

Oberndörfer, Markus Markus.Oberndoerfer at rossmann.de
Tue Sep 14 10:44:38 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

I don't know if it's a feature or a bug.

I'm trying to write an extension that shall aggregate content element objects to an aggregate root object. This is an article extension with sophisticated teaser views and several content elements. So my idea was to use the tt_content as storage for the content elements.

Actually I want to map the tt_content table with the Tx_Myextensionkey_Domain_Model_Contentelement Class. In the declaration section of that class I used annotations like this:

 /**
* @var tinytext Shows the header of the content element
*/
protected $header;

This leads to the error message InvalidArgumentException Invalid type encountered: 'tinytext Shows the header of the content element'. So I removed all of the comment part, but Extbase doesn't seem to like many datatypes that are part of the mysql database. Is there a list of allowed datatypes for the mapping of external data sources?

Can someone share his experience in mapping of the tt_content with an extbase extension? I would really appreciate that.

With best regards
Markus