[TYPO3-mvc] Dynamic queries in repository

Michael Ruhdorfer michael.ruhdorfer.1line at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:07:07 CEST 2010

Hi all,

[SITUATION]
I want to perform a dynamical query depending on the user input of the
search form. atm my query looks like:

        $query = $this->createQuery();
        $query->matching(
            $query->logicalAnd(
                $query->logicalAnd(
                    $query->logicalAnd(
                        $query->logicalAnd(
                            $query->equals($this->getWhere($branch,
'branch'), $this->getWhere($branch)),
                            $query->equals($this->getWhere($country,
'country'), $this->getWhere($country))
                        ),
                        $query->equals($this->getWhere($region, 'region'),
$this->getWhere($region))
                    ),
                    $query->lessThanOrEqual('employeeCount',
$employeeCountMax)
                ),
                $query->greaterThanOrEqual('employeeCount',
$employeeCountMin)
            )
        );

looks a bit weird but I'm afraid that's the way it should look like afaik :P
so I want to filter my companies :) btw: my getWhere looks like:

    protected function getWhere($value, $field = NULL)
    {
        if(!$value)
            return !$field ? '0' : 'hidden';
        else
            return !$field ? $value : $field;
    }

[PROBLEM]
but now I got the problem that I want to implememnt a full text search where
branch, country and region should be searched.
the user is able to put in as many search criteria he/she likes, so I can't
do it the way I did - it has to be dynamically...

and i don't want to use SELECT * FROM .... even though that would have saved
lots of time by now :/

has anyone an idea?

thx in advance,
Michael