[TYPO3-mvc] Connecting 2 objects results in blank output...

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Tue Sep 7 13:44:11 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I am trying to achieve the following:

extended the fe_user with some additional fields, which works great.

Now I want to extend a user with an object Address.

Within my user model I added the address as a property in the following way:

	/**
	 * addresses
	 * @var Tx_Extbase_Persistence_ObjectStorage<Tx_Address_Domain_Model_Address>
	 */
	protected $addresses;

I added a field to the fe_user table and set up the TCA. All work fine
in the Backend - I don't get any output at all though.

I added the following snippet to my ext_typoscript_setup.txt

Tx_User_Domain_Model_User {
				mapping {
					tableName = fe_users
					columns {
						gender.mapOnProperty = gender
						dateofbirth.mapOnProperty = dateofbirth
						description.mapOnProperty = description
						id.mapOnProperty = id
						initials.mapOnProperty = initials
						addresses {
							foreignClass = Tx_RmCommunityAddress_Domain_Model_Address
							mapOnProperty = addresses

When putting in the address part I don't get any output at all. Without
it everything shows up nicely...

I have no clue where to look to get this working. Anyone a hint?

Thanks in advance.

Henjo