[TYPO3-mvc] Validation on different page type?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Sep 4 14:29:54 CEST 2010

Hey David,

> we're trying to validate a form on a different pageType than the default
> in our setup.
>
> When sending the form, passing the pageType along with the entries, the
> form does not get validated. When sending the same form to the page with
> our default pageType the form gets validated.
>
> Is this a bug? Can anyone confirm this?

how do you set that pagePage? Via a hidden field inside the form (thus
via POST), or did you add it to the form URI (thus via GET). I imagine
you might try implementing server side validation via AJAX. This should
work in general, but if you send the pageType via POST it could be that
the _HMAC verification fails - so try to send the type via GET and the
form data via POST.