[TYPO3-mvc] how to call a controller/action through jquery request in extbase

Desh Naik desh.naik at lelesys.com
Thu Sep 2 14:49:07 CEST 2010

Hi guys

I have started developing extension in extbase , and i liked the way it
works ,
but while developing the extension i had a problem . the problem is as
follow

I want to show a list of student in a pop up through jquery ajax response .
can any body tell me how can i call the controller/action from jquery
ajax and get a json response in extbase

My controller is as follow

class Tx_Student_Controller_IndexController extends
Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_ActionController {

         public function listAction(){
                    $list = $this->studentRepository->findAll();

can anybody help me in sending a json_response from listAction
or is there any better way of doing it .

Thanks