[TYPO3-mvc] edit and update Actions + hidden objects

Daniel Dimitrov danielsd_bg at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 2 10:46:34 CEST 2010

Hey Steffen,

"Steffen Ritter" <info at rs-websystems.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1283343654.4702.typo3-project-typo3v4mvc at lists.typo3.org...
> Hey,
> if the object is hidden you have to call ->add instead of ->update on the
> repository
I don't understand what you mean? If I use the repository add method, then
I'll add a new object and I want to edit an existing hidden object.

When I changed the method to add  I got:

Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Exception_TooDirty

The uid "1244" has been modified, that is simply too much.

When I have update I get:

Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Exception_IllegalObjectType

The existing object given to replace was not of the type
(Tx_BwShop_Domain_Model_Product) this repository manages.

But the object I give to the update method looks like this:
object(Tx_BwShop_Domain_Model_Product)#201 (29) {.....}

I think that this is the right type? Isn't it???

> reagrds
>
> Steffen

Regards,
Daniel