[TYPO3-mvc] fetch element from array based on object.property

Christine Gerpheide cgerpheide at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:28:11 CEST 2010

2010/4/17 Martin Kutschker <masi-no at spam-typo3.org>

> Bastian Waidelich schrieb:
> > Martin Kutschker wrote:
> >

> >> Does this work?
> >> {list.{temp}}
> >

> > I think, that's what Peter tried first. It does not work ATM I'm afraid..
>
> He tried:
>
> {list.{object.property}}
>
> My code has one dot less :)
>
> Masi

Hey list,

To reopen this thread... Is what Masi posted actually supposed to work? I am
trying to use it (together with alias) and it is just printing the string
(with the curly brackets) on the page.
<f:alias map="{productuid: product.uid}">
    {product.title} ( {numItemsByProduct.{productuid}} )
</f:alias>

just prints on the page:
( {numItemsByProduct.{productuid} )

Printing {productuid} by itself works, and replacing the {productuid} with
the actual number it represents also works.  So is this expected to work, or
is my syntax just incorrect?

Also -- I know there's another thread about this too -- I think the
objectaccessor way is a much more intuitive way to solve this in general,
rather than using alias.  So then in my case I would write:
{numItemsByProduct.{product.uid}}
So if this is still up for discussion, I would vote for this syntax to be
added rather than keeping the way of using aliases to solve these type of
problems.

Thanks for any insight,
Christine