[TYPO3-mvc] Backend Trees - how did you solve those?

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 10:54:29 CEST 2010

Hi Franz,

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I'm currently in need of a tree view of extbase records for a TCEForms
> select field - in detail a category selection rendered as tree (quite
> common usecase though).
>
> Before I start working on something I wanted to ask you folks how you
> solved it in your extensions. Did you work with the extbase models for
> creating/rendering the tree, or did you use some good old custom DB
> queries and patched everything up? As the category selection might
> become quite complex I dislike a simple selectbox/group-field approach.
>
> I'm also interested in what you actually did in detail - 'cuz I'm not
> that familiar with TCEForms and treeViews. I know there's a abstract
> treeView available in the core, but didn't check that out yet, because
> in my attempts to render a nice tree some years ago this tree class was
> a mess and only meant for pageTrees.
>
> Thanks for your comments and advises.

We're using extbase for domain modelling and have realized the tree by
ourself using extjs in an own be module.
Going in this direction will lead to some other problems that has to be
solved - as it is not that easy to use TCEForms out of extjs. We write
the forms ourself and don't care about TCEForms.

At the weekend i've stumbled over a project related to TYPO3 4.5

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3v4-extjstrees

Have noticed nice class diagramms there. Code seems to be available via
git - but i don't know about the current status.

regards
Dennis