[TYPO3-mvc] Backend Trees - how did you solve those?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Oct 23 01:45:06 CEST 2010

Hey list,

I'm currently in need of a tree view of extbase records for a TCEForms
select field - in detail a category selection rendered as tree (quite
common usecase though).

Before I start working on something I wanted to ask you folks how you
solved it in your extensions. Did you work with the extbase models for
creating/rendering the tree, or did you use some good old custom DB
queries and patched everything up? As the category selection might
become quite complex I dislike a simple selectbox/group-field approach.

I'm also interested in what you actually did in detail - 'cuz I'm not
that familiar with TCEForms and treeViews. I know there's a abstract
treeView available in the core, but didn't check that out yet, because
in my attempts to render a nice tree some years ago this tree class was
a mess and only meant for pageTrees.

Thanks for your comments and advises.