[TYPO3-mvc] link.external : how about adding 'http://' ?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Oct 22 18:01:18 CEST 2010

Hey,

> This is true... But as this is an external link, that would be more
> appropriate in general.  Is this, though, to imply we don't like the idea of
> adding http:// in the external viewhelper?  I'm open to reasons why this
> would be a bad idea, but  it seems like this could be a nice convenience.

no, it's just a temporary workaround - this of course has to be fixed,
but might be hard to achieve to detect what's a valid URI and what
isn't. F.e. call:// would also be valid for skype related links etc. But
easiest might be to check for "://" for now and if it's missing add
http:// by default.
IIRC this URI detection stuff has been asked/discussed on this list just
lately - but don't remember by whom.