[TYPO3-mvc] A layout/template structuring question

Henrik Møller Rasmussen info at hmrdesign.dk
Wed Oct 20 09:25:02 CEST 2010

Hello group,

It's been a while since I last played with extbase/fluid, but finally I
got time to use it again.

My question is, how one would achieve the following scenario using only
one extension:

---------
SIDEBAR:  |
Link1     |    SOME ACTION - could be index, show and similar.
Link2     |
Link3     |
...       |
---------

In other words - a sidebar should be rendered in all actions.

One solution would be to insert two plugins, where the sidebar always
would render a specific action. This however seems wrong to me, so I was
wondering if a better solution, only using extbase, exists.

I imagine the layout.html can be used - something like this:

--- snip ---
	SIDEBAR
	<f:render section="content" />
--- snip ---

But how can I render the sidebar-content? Alternatively I could use
partials in each view to render the sidebar, but that also seems wrong
to me.

I have looked at the blog_example but could not find anything like this
there. Hope someone can point me in the right direction, and any help is
very appreciated.

Best regards

Henrik Møller Rasmussen