[TYPO3-mvc] setTemplatePathAndFileName reverting to NULL

Mathias Bolt Lesniak, LiliO Design mathias at lilio.com
Tue Oct 19 09:43:26 CEST 2010

On 19. okt. 2010, at 00.25, Franz Koch wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Not sure if this is your problem, but as far as I know, if the template
>> matching your action name doesn't exist (even if you don't use it)
>> extbase/fluid won't render it.  So for instance if you have updateAction(),
>> which renders an email and then redirects to another action, update.html
>> still has to exist (though it can be blank) in order to get your email html
>> to render.  In my opinion this is a bug..
>
> that's right - that's the current behavior - but I don't think it's necessarily a bug. I suggest to use a custom view object to render the email content (that's what I always do).

If it's not a bug, it must a missing feature. Not being able to use the standard view object (without trickery) for anything else than browser output is quite strange IMHO.

Alternately, I would argue: if "everybody" has to write a custom view object to render non-browser output that custom object should be included in Fluid core.

Best wishes

Mathias Bolt Lesniak
LiliO Design - www.lilio.com
mathias at lilio.com