[TYPO3-mvc] setTemplatePathAndFileName reverting to NULL

Mathias Bolt Lesniak, LiliO Design mathias at lilio.com
Mon Oct 18 13:23:17 CEST 2010

Hi!

I am trying to render a fluid template for an e-mail, but $this->view->setTemplatePathAndFileName() does not seem to work.

If I output the value of $this->templatePathAndFilename within resolveTemplatePathAndFilename() within Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView, it tells me the variable is NULL.

Here's the related lines of code:
****
$this->view->setTemplatePathAndFileName(t3lib_extMgm::extPath('lilio_formsystem').'Resources/Private/Templates/FormSystem/emailIfChangedTemplate.html');
file_put_contents('/tmp/viewtest.html', $this->view->render());
****

(Since this is meant for an e-mail I am using file_put_contents() to output the rendered data to a file. The data output to the file is:

****
<!-- This is the output of the Empty View. An appropriate View was not found. -->
****

(sic.)

Hope you can help!

Best wishes